I’m selfishly writing this post more for myself than my readers, as I wanted to begin the New Year by reflecting on an amazing 12 months. From living the California dream to learning a new skill, 2016 brought lots of special moments. Here’s 16 of them.
- Seeing in the New Year in style — a group of us rented a stunning Georgian townhouse in Bath to kick-start 2016.
2. Turning 30 — really wasn’t so bad! I enjoyed celebrations with friends and family before jetting off to California for two weeks!
3. Hiking to the Hollywood sign — the views over L.A were incredible and it was so surreal standing behind such an iconic landmark.
4. Getting awestruck in the Yosemite National Park — the waterfalls, the vistas, the Sierra Nevada on tap… is there a more breath-taking place on earth?
5. Wine tasting in Napa Valley — a place where the biggest decision is whether to drink red or white is the place for me.
6. Driving the Pacific Coast Highway — beats the M4, just look at those Big Sur views.
7. Experiencing this Californian sunset — this is exactly how I’d imagined it.
8. And this Gower sunrise — OK, so it’s not as spectacular as the above, but it marked the start of a 10-week photography course which saw me gain a new skill.
9. Getting a promotion at work — and generally having a great year winning lots of industry awards, working with a talented team (like this one!) and creating campaigns to be proud of!
10. Exploring Wales — taking a photography course not only helped me learn a new skill, it forced me to explore the stunning landscapes on my doorstep, like these waterfalls in the Brecon Beacons.
11. Celebrating our first wedding anniversary — and using this as an excuse to plan a romantic break at the Harbourmaster in Aberaeron!
12. Arriving in Venice by speedboat — I felt like an extra in Casino Royale.
13. Drinking Aperol Spritz on this colourful island— Burano was a blogger’s dream.
14. Being wined and dined at a Michelin-starred restaurant — these two beauties treated me to lunch at James Sommerin Restaurant for my 30th birthday.
15. Experiencing my first-ever Wales rugby game — I even wore red, green and white for the occasion!
16. Deer spotting at Margam Park — spurred on by the need to capture a good picture for my photography course final assignment, my mum and I ended up on a nature walk with a wildlife volunteer. It turned out to be a wonderful day (the park is stunning) and I got this picture.